Friday, June 17, 2005

Poetic license?

Most of the interesting blogs that I have come across are either plagiarized or have a poetic license about them. While I shall refrain from discussing on plagiarism, I shall not be inhibited on the virtues of poetic licenses. Thanks to a dear friend of mine, Billy, who brought up this to my notice. As I explain my point of view on those interesting blogs, I am sure that this blog's interest factor will go for a toss. Nevertheless, I will go ahead with a promise that an interesting blog will arrive soon.

Everyday morning when I get up and try to look up at the sun, I need to close my eyes immediately - for I am not an usual early riser and by then the Sun is too bright for my sensitive eyes.

Why I try to look at he Sun - I would leave to your speculation.

No, I won't tell that here. There is a time and place of every type of story/article.

But as I don my Ray-bans it's a different story [no speculations here please.. that would be a different post]. The Sun suddenly appears to be moonified and I can come out with as many poems on chandini [moonlight] in the bright sunlight as the number of US soldiers dropping dead in Iraq in a day.

Such is the influence of poetic licenses on the dry facts of life. While I do not believe there are any strict ethics for blogging and I do go by my own rules for my blogs, I truly appreciate the underlying reasons for each blog. Each blog is a result of something we have seen, heard, experienced or thought. Then the ray-bans come on and out comes a beautiful blog that succeeds to give people a thorough laugh sometimes and a lingering thought at other times.

It's donning of those ray-bans that truly sees the incident/thoughts in a different light. A light that shines through on those people who have the constant problem of no-work-but-need-to appear-busy-behind-desk.

While sometimes it is just the deviation from conventional form, other times it is the deviation from facts too. Some people might call it creativity. I would dare not disagree with them for instead of ray-bans they might have donned an equally virtuous Fendi or Girgio Armani.

But all in all everybody would agree that there was an underlying theme, an idea that the writer used and then came up with that brilliant piece that is doing forwards in mail chains across the ladders of the corporate world.

It's not easy to blog and to all those brilliant bloggers, I humbly salute. But the important thing is we write what we strongly feel about without restrains.

To end this on a happy note, there goes a Banta Singh fwd I recvd. few hrs back from a colleague of mine:

Banta goes to a shop to buy Indian flag. The shopkeeper gives him an Indian flag.
Banta looks at it for a while and asks one question ...... Shopkeeper faints

What does he say?

isme koi doosra color dikhaaiye
[show me some other colour in this]

- 3 cheers to blogging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home