Monday, June 27, 2005

Me Missing

This weekend just zoomed past buy .. so fast that I hardly checked my mails for the whole 2 days. Had an old college friend come to Austin, so spent the better part of the 2 days with him.

Saw "Batman Begins" with him. Though not a great movie but has come a long way from the other Batmans. Though there is some plot to talk about in the movie and is logical, still there is that missing spark in it that would make it thrilling.

Pulling the character out of the comic books, Burton has tried well. Some dry jokes from Caine [Alfred, butler] add up some laughs. Bale tried well but could have done better. Katie Holmes [assistant DA] looked out of skin of the character. The Batcar lost the touch. The car [or a tank as it might be called] though sophisticated, no longer looks like the sleek Batcar we are used to. Come back Alicia Silverstone and yeah, give us back the Batcar. All in all a B+ movie and a good way to kill time.

Sunday afternoon, I sent some chills down the spines of a few of my colleagues. As I went out after lunch, I was not traceable for the next 5 hrs. I had gone to see off an old friend at the airport. None of my roomies or other colleagues knew about this and they started a manhunt at Walmarts, Fry's, movie theatre's and for possible car wrecks. Had I not been back by the time I was, they would have called 911. I would have had the privilege to have my photo aired on the local news channels - now that is some publicity I could have done with :). And yeah, it is good to know that people care - thanks to all of you guys.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger silverine said...

Thanks for the review on Batman. Now I am all the more determined to give it a miss. And hey! you've got some caring friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home