Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Winking in the night

I turned in my bed and lay on my back. 10 minutes later I turned again and lay on my left [side]. 5 and half minutes later on my right. 10 minutes later I lay with my dorsal part up. Yeah, basically sleep was eluding me.

So I jumped out of my bed and being temporarily out of stock of good reading material, I turned on my desktop. So there I was writing this piece of god-knows-what. I reflected upon my day - it was a pretty normal, dull routine day.

Saw sarkar today.. was not bad for all the reviews I had read - worth a watch, methinks. May not be Godfather and have a matching Al Pacino but still not bad.

So as I blinked as to what else to write, a thought that had passed through the intricate hidden layers of my creative grey came back to me - winking.

I realized that it is a big secret of people who are successful and charismatic: they have mastered the art of the wink. They know how to use it at key moments that bring others into their confidence and confer a sense of intimacy.

Winking is intimate and subtle. So don't employ it with other more flashy gestures of intimacy. For example, it's incorrect and not civilized to wink at people with your pants down.

I guess there are some general understandings about winking.

Get the gesture right. It’s just a brief, barely perceptible flicker. You shouldn’t put the entire side of your facial muscles into play. If you do, it won’t look like a subtle gesture of good natured intimacy; it will look like someone squirted lemon in your eye.

If you wink for too long, you might be mistaken to be a drunkard.

Only wink when you say or do something that’s meant to be funny, sarcastic or notable. If you wink at someone and say “Help me with vacuuming the house” people will be confused.

Winking is an art and I think I am pretty good at it. The wonderful part is I can wink with both my eyes at the same time.... yeah you can also try it. It's pretty interesting and nobody is offended by it.

Adios and keep trying the 2 eyed wink. Get back to me if you need a training guide on that.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger silverine said...

lol, me too am a master in winking with both eyes. I guess I will never be able to give a 'come hither' look in my life :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home